Monday, April 3, 2017

Kate Moross typography inspiration

Moross makes typography look effortless, a skill I want to expand on within studio brief 1. To make sure I do this the right way with using the type to reflect the carnival, as well as being inspired by carribean style posters, I want to see how these letters can be put together to not just be read but to give the energy and fun of the carnival. Moross nails it with appropriate use of visual language of her typography.


phrase associations among the caribbean carnivals history which I could ask my family friend about as she works there every year and is in the specific music business. type showcases movement and bold expressive shapes lit up by the colour.

uses her own style incorporating perfectly with the branding of Cadbury's and capturing the creamy taste the ad is trying to mimic to make consumers tempted

uses type for the opportunity to make people look closer to read the piece which I find is an intriguing approach which would make a piece stand out rather than being straight type. As this is for a gallery piece and not actually comissioned by the carnival it means it can be more experimental, especially with the unpredictability and surprises of traditional print which really excites me!


inspired by the music and dancing of the carnival with the colour and movement incorporated

With this traditional print piece I really want 50 years of unity to be the focus as it is not like any other year, and the milestone is something to celebrate for definite!

No comments:

Post a Comment