Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Brief 2: Emerging body positive campaigns/featured artists

MISSGUIDED


Recently this artists work has been shared and celebrated all over Instagram for using collage, primarily glitter, to celebrate women's stretch marks in a delicate but effective way.

'I imagined that when the skin stretches, glitter pops out from the inside! haha” so the more you stretch the more shiny you get! “  I posted that artwork! and my god! the response was super shiny!

https://blog.missguided.co.uk/blogger/interview-sara-shakeel/

Missguided are encouraging on their babe zine, their customers to submit images of their stretch marks to be glittered. this is a great way of showing young women that they shouldn't be ashamed of something so natural and that is truly unique.

This is an example of how body positivity thrives on social media, in particular Instagram, and makes me even more sure of using the platform for my images. Would be amazing to get even half the attention. I had considered adding glitter to stretch marks but think it is good that I have used other symbolic details such as flowers and hearts.

I will create a hashtag that will hopefully encourage others to share and tag


Through Instagram they are campaigning and using hashtag #makeyourmark which is attracting a lot of attention and praise, proving the point that body positivity movements are growing in popularity particularly the Instagram platform as its visual media is what we look to relate to in daily life.

Also body positive campaigners promoting reassurance for those with body doubts over the festive season (which I considered linking to the instazine)



No comments:

Post a Comment