Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Brief 8: Packaging Ideas

After a very inspiring and personally motivating talk from Robot Food today, I have seen how packaging could work really well with my style of design. It gives me restraints in composition and sizes whilst allowing me to come up with humorous/tongue in cheek copyrighting (which i love) and catchy concepts. For my portfolio I would really like to now include some packaging. I have this planned for my gender neutral make up packaging, but more than just one meant I took notice of brands in the supermarket (as suggested) and noticed brands that hadn't changed in along time or I didn't see a buzz about anymore, or identified a gap in the market where products looked all too similar.

Burts Bees- the BEES KNEES
student drinks
e45
my makeup packaging brief could be for existing brand that wants to be more modern
nesquik
Vienetta
happy hippos
health cereals (all look quite dull)
yazoo's

It is crucial to remember the target audiences of these products and why they are branded the way they are, but trying an alternate could elevate the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment