Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Studio Brief 2 10 page Double Spread initial ideas



Brief ideas I had listed in earlier weeks


My list of favourite Insta-illustrators before project began, which I've found a way to put to a fun use!

In discussion with second years I was reassured that content was to inform my publication design and have the aspects of design principles done well but did not make up the marks, and since I was most excited about putting together the 10 page double spread book of my favourite Instagram illustrators that is what I will go with.

As most are zine illustrators it is an idea to make the publication like a zine, with stapling (although this depends on if the images are spread between the 2 pages as this makes part of the image go in to the fold). Copting binding is an option that will combine my new knowledge of bookbinding through the inductions, and allows the image to be seen in full without the fold.

The zine could have a theme of it being a series, this being the illustrative edition of the month/week, suggesting the other parts of the series are a fine art version/photography version, etc. But this is so far only an idea.

I know full well the illustrations I love are very feminine and girly, so probably without being too overpowering and sickly, the design aspects such as stock and typography will match this. I have noted a few stocks but don't want to decide until my layouts are done. I would like images to go over one page of the spread allowing the images to be the main focus of the page.

Can contact the artists, definitely link their instagrams to give them the exposure they deserve. Quotes, if found on their pages, next to their work.

As for the title so far ' Illustrations I Wish I Did/Drawings I Wish I Did, but if it becomes part of a zine series this could change to something more specific rather than personal to me. Having a handwritten style that isn't too illegible would fit well, possibly a thick script style but this will come to me after I lay out the images to select which may all be chosen to correlate each other or just because they are my favourites.

http://www.gfsmith.com/collection/#597/26568 very subtle glitter detail to very pale pink background

No comments:

Post a Comment