Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Finalising my colour fiction leaflet

A huge issue that was worrying and confusing me was the process of making my work in to a concertina, which due to the amount of pages that had built up would be more difficult than it should be. Therefore, a way I could still make my publication different would be to have it as a fold out colouring book with one side with the information and vectors on and the other just of colours and could be stuck up as a poster. This makes it an interesting fold out that has two purposes, and will be included with crayons. I am going to make sure the stock I print on works for colouring in with crayons while still looking good enough to stick up as a poster.

I have to be careful with my folding and make sure the stock isn't too thick, which would make the leaflet not fold well. I will probably try printing in quite low gsm stocks to make sure this isn't a massive drawback. Now I have sorted my design of Colour Fiction it has become a rather nice package that works with my aims for it to be something handed out at book fairs for kids. The crayons will be the younger audiences equivalent to pantones, which would be handed out if it were a more complex adult idea but for kids there would be simply too many colours to pick from which isn't very necessary as this is rather basic. Hopefully I can print two and ask somebody to colour these in and see the results, which I think could look really interesting! This would also prove its purpose further.


No comments:

Post a Comment