Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Evaluation

Despite feeling like I could have dedicated more time to monoprint and linoprint experiments as first planned, I feel my traditional print encapsulates the carnival itself and has spirit of the diverse community and the ways to celebrate the carnival as well as marking the 50th anniversary.

It was important for me to design this in a way staying true to how those in the carnival represent themselves and show pride for their culture through their outfits and singing/dancing atmosphere which I really love about these kinds of carnivals myself.

Screen printing again was not planned but is what was required by the typographic route I went down which I didn’t expect from myself. The combinations of bright colour allowed me to enjoy experimenting in the print room however, which shows that as a designer if you pick a subject with elements you really enjoy it definetly is more enjoyable and I feel like this shows through my traditional print.

Designing for celebration was a really positive experience which I would not hesitate to do again, adding to a list of subjects I have realised I love designing for the most this year important to my development as a designer. One will be exhibited while the other will be sent to the carnival team to congratulate them on the 50th year.

No comments:

Post a Comment