Friday, November 11, 2016

Book update 11/11/16

Screenprint has proved very problematic for me as a first time screenprinter and mistakes have been learnt from, although more than desired as I like having things done within my time management plan as I feel i am an organised person usually...

Words have been exposed the wrong way accidentally, emulsion layered on too thick, two screens disappeared and days of wanting to give up but I believe in my book and it's mysterious quirky nature which could resonate with peoplein the way Banksy's mystery does. People interpret his work in their own way and set out to find it, which the intention of my design and layout of my photographs intends to do. 'Manchester' being cut out from the title cover hinting at part of a serious where the symbol of the town the photographs are from is on the cover.

The symbol will be visible as my glow in the dark ink tests on all stocks I tried my other ink on were succesful, but on the black leave a white mark but the glow is still successful! It would be sold around Manchester within creative shops and places such as Afflecks, where the more artistic concepts are celebrated in and around the Northern Quarter particularly.

Within a lecture yesterday it was reminded of how recognisable and engrained the bee symbol is, when a lecturer was explaining his reasoning of the branding for Manchester Animation Festival.





Various locations of the bee symbol located in Manchester, including the coat of arms and the town hall floor



Variety of brands in Manchester using the symbol celebrating their heritage

No comments:

Post a Comment