Thursday, October 20, 2016

Booking and commercial printing/binding issues

Printed black pages wrinkle and when threaded and when the edges are flattened with the bone the white stock beneath is exposed.

Book would be too costly due to size so my final will be a photo size down

Myself and peers prefer the glossier digireen silk 115gsm, however it is delicate and bends and dents easily with a flick through

Solution will be using a folding machine which would be use when mass produced and fingerprints are unavoidable with such stock, which may prompt those reading it to be more careful and mindful of the production of the book and add unspoilt awareness which the target audience of creatives would go hand in hand.

Antalis 200gsm extra blanc was too thick and had indents that didn't add anything to the pristine photo finish I am after appropriate for a photo book

Attempting saddle stitch and signature stitch, finding a tutorial on attaching a hard back and seeing which stitch is the strongest and easiest to see the photographs and pages to the best quality.
Avoid Costly Printing Problems With These Real World Binding and Finishing Tips

For my publication, I will kettlestitch as this held my prototypes very well and didn't hide any of the content inside and I aim to achieve the best possible outcome so using this method also relates to the place of content inside. Perfect binding worked very well also, but I am aware this is not durable done in the way of just using PVA and if done professionally I would have more confidence but in no way do I want the book to fall apart when being assessed!




first kettlestitch, was a rough example but held the pages together as I wanted allowing all of the page to be seen. Stitching instead of perfect binding felt appropriate as it tied in with the idea of using something relatable to the cotton revolution of Manchester if book cloth is not used for the cover.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent read, Positive site, I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work and also get to know about best Synthetic Paper Manufacturer in UK who offers best quality Synthetic Paper in Bulk.

    ReplyDelete