Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Adrian Mole initial sketches




With designing for younger audiences and illustrating being aspects of design I want to expand in, for this brief I really want to use a graphics tablet for the first time as I feel it would make the process so much easier and aide my illustration as I struggle using illustrator when transferring my hand drawn designs. These are a few initial hand wrendered type experiments inspired by looking at the book 'Hand Job' which I picked out to help elevate my illustrating skills as this brief can be fun and exciting, and now with a lot of market research I drew from going in to the young adults literature section in a famous book store I had a lot of ideas for the cover, wanting it to be hand drawn and playfully designed to fit the target audience.

Although very basic and unrefined, getting a graphics tablet and beginning to expand on parts and combine letters or ideas, using fun colour and maybe mini sketches of events from the book or having lined paper backgrounds or diary aspects will help it begin to form. Am very excited to get started and expanding my illustration skills is something crucial to me at the moment as I enjoy it and it produces some of the most unique work.

No comments:

Post a Comment