Thursday, February 16, 2017

Papyrus brief submission

From various feedbacks agreeing David Attenborough's shows, and even his voice is soothing and calming and I felt that this drawing had a lot of various parts to colour in and was composed in a way that is easy to colour, aswell as being Attenborough themed. Included in a gentle, sincere, delicate looking handwritten typeface not brash to un-nerve, why this makes me calm. I have always associated David Attenboroughs shows with down time and a lovely escapism making me want to explore the world and realise how amazing it is!



A lot of the colouring books aimed at a wider target audience than just children is sophisticated and very feminine, with themes like these two and mandala/ocean/idol themed. 



One book i found most attractive was this colour together nature book, which had similar themes to my line drawing with soft looking typefaces and various animals to fill in, in more detail. On mine there is more in double page but combines the animals and plants well without being too much. This book however, how they used a dark background and type in a space echoes my design well and gives me hope mine could have a chance at being published.

No comments:

Post a Comment