Saturday, March 4, 2017

Penguin submission and evaluation





My approach to my final book design included inspiration from current best sellers in the childrens 12-14 yrs book market, with many of the characters being central to the cover, and a trend of looking up to the title which I wanted to do as a loud almost speech shouting bubble of the cover. The tones and contrasting colours make it unmissable on a book shelf and the striking hand wrendered text approaches the cover compared to previous ones in a modern, fresh, contemporary way using elements of hand wrendering which is typically done in a diary-the main focus of the publication. The style is not too serious, and I feel it is a playful composition appropriate for the target audience. Quite happy with the outcome. If I were to do anything different, more awareness of the rip in the zig zags could have been put together which would have made more sense, but apart from that I feel the type is animated and playful and legible, with the character being introduced well and you are instantly drawn in to his perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment