Monday, February 19, 2018

Current to do-list and collaboration session 19/02/18

Start brief 4
A lush style campaign against mink lashes a rising trend which supports the captivity and torture of the animals. I am going to do this as it is one of the less known about issues in the Western world where real fur is seen as a taboo, but people are buying these lashes knowing they are mink fur.

Collaborator meeting

As she is busy with her president campaign for the uni, she has not began drawing but we have gone over ideas and are set on using 'FREE' for the campaigns attention. I discussed the images would need to be around the edge and less central to ensure the type doesn't cover imagery and is consistent throughout posters. Further editing can resolve this.

From this collaboration I want to achieve-
Polished illustration, as i dont feel mine is polished enough to do on my own
Get an illustrators visual concepts, its fun seeing how other artists visualize a scenario
Build on collab skills, see how I react or take lead in certain situations
Work on my time management
Be clear with ideas
Aim to get more polished at editing
Meeting up regularly at university in person to be clear we are on the same page
Staying a good communicator so ideas don't get misinterpreted 


Another important goal of the week is the start my first creative CV for applying to junior role positions that come up and are of interest.

Collaboration can.. be hard to work with a non designer. with my first client brief with 'Fairypants' she said yes to anything and I felt like she didn't really care, or didn't understand I wanted to shape the ads to be the best they could be making the project feel underachieved for me. Maybe recreate if I have time for my portfolio.

be important to get the attention of contacts you love, by taking opportunities thrown at you in venues or with people you want in your design circle.

Rebrand
Begin more market research and begin Vienetta rebrand

Create survey for skateboard brief, of which the owner of Welcome skate shop said I can share through them to reach the target audience.

Finish unfinished briefs and include mockups/product photography/where they would be sold or shown

No comments:

Post a Comment