Friday, April 22, 2016

60s typeface experiments

After our first presentation as well as being told to cut a few parts out, the main typeface I had chosen was an issue as it extremely similar to one used in the Mexico olympics which I was unaware of.

http://fontsinuse.com/tags/301/1960s

this website shows fonts being used commercially and there are so many I wanted to try and use but the issue is you have to buy them.

As the 60s themed typefaces became too gimmicky when put in to my composition, as a group we decided to really take the advice on board as a whole and really simplify our design; the typeface, the colour scheme and the variety of work we had contributed. Despite my poster designs not being taken forward to the second presentation, I do really love the boldness and pop of the designs and am proud of the style but Annas new designs are embodiments of adjustments based on main feedback we received.

No comments:

Post a Comment