Monday, April 11, 2016

Plans for exhibition piece

http://viper086770.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/top-8-largest-banknote-denominations-in.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21145103

I am planning to recreate the golden ticket for the highest value note and the highest I found on this website was 100 million british pounds, known as a 'titan', although there is a Zimbabwe 100 billion note but currency isnt as much! It does exist but cannot be in circulation for obvious reasons, so it really would be like finding a golden ticket. Since I am planning to use gold stock/ink and etch traditional patterning with the influence of the Wonka layout and typography this could be a very appropriate for the celebrated royal traditional prints and themes.

I really aim for this to look flawless and well crafted if I etch, elite to match its currency. As I don't have experience with gold paints/inks I will need to practice a lot and sketch/gather patterns to incorporate in to the design. This will be a big learning curve for me with it being traditional print method only and not having the comfort of Adobe software! I have little practice with traditional print methods and getting them perfect but if my design is well thought out it won't be too hard hopefully.


Crown detail from British shilling


Victorian classic luxury pattern

These patterns can be incorporated to the original design of the wonka ticket adjusted to the currency and giving it the elite royal look. Right now I am planning to order varied gold stocks and inks, and to find the best pair. using tone will allow the detail to look sophisticated and not overly harsh making the lettering illegible as I want this to be clear and well defined.

With the typeface I am going to begin with the Wonka font but this may change if this dilutes the rich theme, find a classic serif typeface.

The savoy, luxury

No comments:

Post a Comment