Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Money production

I intended to use letterpress as my second traditional print method that I would have the words 'one hundred million', however although I thought maybe a traditional serif typeface would fit the theme when I looked at the ones we had I felt they would bring down my design and not look very effective. Due to time running out acquiring others would take time and I am not that confident my work would look its best.

I have decided to try foiling the letters on just gold stock and have my lino print as its other side, as this matches the metallic luxury theme perfectly and having one simpler side with the detail on the other reminds me of british pound coins. I also considered embossing but again as I am running low on time and am unsure of how to do this I am going to keep it to the two techniques.

I really want to use the strong coliseum font of the updated wonka golden ticket as it is compact and strong but modern,and will be more legible compared to thin serif letterpress. As coliseum has to be bought, I tried a range of typeface that matched.

The first would probably go and would look quite great gatsby, whereas din or betas neue gives it the modern redesign element that is encouraged within the brief and is closer to the golden ticket redesign of the newer film. 

With this brief I really should have thought time management through, as this is more important than ever as it will be displayed to the general.

No comments:

Post a Comment