Sunday, April 17, 2016

Studio Brief 4 Initial Ideas

Giving something to the first years to make them feel at ease is a really positive opportunity to create something that I myself would have liked to have received at the beginning. Remembering how helpful last years students were to us, and the variety of work they showed us makes it obvious I really need to come up with a range of ideas before the crit tommorow.

A main direction to go in is by using my love of implementing vivid colours and positivity through my design work, and through this I could create a list of points that I would have found really useful just starting in first year. This would be easy to do as I have experienced first year at this point, although throughout the week I will try and step it up to be a brilliant creative manifesto that is something to take into account not just in first year but throughout creative career. Opportunities that come with this include a fold out booklet like the 'you are here' one we received at the beginning, a poster which would very likely be stuck up on pin boards in halls (this has the op to be extremely motivational and reassuring), or a humorous leaflet/booklet possibly using 'ingredients'. This has always appealed to me as something lighthearted and clever to do. Ideally I envision this as a mix of illustration and graphic design, illustration being something I appear not to be brilliant at so I have to consider all other routes.

I am going to bring these ideas forward in the crit tommorow and I am to develop newer ones and further the simple ideas I have to make sure it is different and demonstrates my enjoyment of using tone of voice to elevate a design.


Neutralised colour using bold tyography, text heavy and not. The First could be part of a series that fold out resulting in a range of bold pieces of advice that would stick in the persons mind and are clear and straight to the point.



very typography heavy, in which i can implement colour to make it a more eyecatching motivational manifesto poster

No comments:

Post a Comment