Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Studio Brief 4 research

I want to explore the range of ways designers use colour to inspire and motivate people as I know schemes like this are implemented in work places and in interior design to set moods etc. This can then be applied to my series of leaflets/poster, however I choose to put these together. I want to create them separately first in A5 to nail the designs colour and use of typography. I huge inspiration is the 'be bad until you're good' design I included in initial ideas.



http://www.personneltoday.com/hr/motivational-colour-schemes-boost-workplace-productivity/

I was drawn to this link that specifically targets boosting creativity in the workplace, and turquoise is said to be the most optimum colour to achieve this.

'More than 68 per cent of offices are currently painted white, but
researchers believe a greater use of colour could drive up staff performance. '
'Nearly a third of the 200 staff surveyed said the colour red made them feel
more energetic, although none of their workplaces incorporated that colour.'

Justin Palmer, Principio’s managing director, said the most popular colours
among staff were purple, turquoise and cream. 
"Colour is an important part of our lives and influences our behaviour
and mood," he said. "Despite widespread use of colour to enhance the
home environment, most employers completely lack imagination when it comes to
workspace.
This works hand in hand with my feedback from fellow graphic design students that agree use of bright colour does motivate and boost someones mood. From experience myself, I understand white is used mainly as a blank canvas in which we can focus on our ideas and feel a sense of freshness and calm, but implementing colour can affect mood and provokes an energy that could be a tool to feeling more motivated and believing in the quote at hand. This is what my design would do. It could be put up in work rooms, in flats, in halls where walls are mainly white/cream and this projects the colourful design even further and eyes are drawn to it.
The above design appears to use these ideas successfully in a well balanced colour palette.
https://www.pantone.com/pantone-35-inspirational-colors-book

There is actually a panton book dedicated to this, but due to time running short I can't purchase this in time. However, it is clear to see the use of colours are very fresh, striking balances of each colour and there are combinations of light and dark but at the brightest peak. I will use the colour palette from the design above and also in purple turquoise and cream to have a comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment