Thursday, April 7, 2016

Interim Discussions pt.1

Toward the end of the holidays we have all agreed to have different areas of work mocked up to improve on and tie in with each other to create our altogether exhibition identity. While others would enjoy focusing on the leaflets/distribution, I am excited about creating poster like designs that can promote or be installed on to the vent backlit to include interaction and have opportunity for social media promotion.

Our ideas are all swaying towards using the most popular currency symbols, and the idea of the question mark wasn't hated, therefore I am going to work with this. Using typography rather than screenprint like Warhol did has also come to be an idea that relates to us as graphic design students, and having a variety of typefaces put together makes an interesting combination and represents the variety of work that will be on display, futuristic/modernist/post modernist/etc interpretations of money.

The theme is swaying also to our Warhol 60's inspired look which I am going to explore in a variety of ways using moodboards I and the team have all shared with eachother. The LCA colours being used was agreed too minimal and toned down, so I am going to go for it with popping contrasting colours.

One of the members also showed an interest in using the buildings structure as a design aspect, and I highlighted that this would be a huge advantage, to involve the building/uni/sponsors identities which I have kept in mind. I am struggling currently to get this right as without illustrator I struggle making clean structural graphic design, and am finding it hard to hard to put the parts together currently. Over the next few days I am going to develop on the symbol designs and using these with the buildings structures, different typefaces and different colours. As it is a beneficial move for us all to work on parts we most enjoy, and meaning all areas will be covered, this is what I will focus on for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment